Kahoot, the game based learning has been creating waves across the globe ever since it has launched in Google Playstore. If you want to explore more about the app, please do read our previous articles on the same. We have covered quietly comprehensively about the app on this blog. Today, our topic of discussion is bit different. In here, I will be teaching you how to join a live kahoot game and also you will learn how to host one. So lets get into business without wasting any of your precious time.
As of now, Kahoot is available on both Google Playstore and Apple Playstore. One can download the legit version of the app directly from any of the above website. It is also believed, that Kahoot team is planning to launch a windows version for the app.
How to Join Kahoot Live Games?
Kahoot do have offline games for people who prefer to contest with themselves. The biggest highlight with this app is its online version, where you get to compete with people from different countries. One will also get a chance to evaluate his/her global standings. Kahoot also gives free tips on how to improve your performance and it also pin points your weak areas.
If you are not sure on how to join a live kahoot game, please do follow the below procedure for joining a live game.
- Make sure you have the app installed on your PC or Android or Apple device.
- Login to the app using your unique username and password.
- Once you are in the dashboard look for Games tab.
- Click on any topic of your interest for entering the game room. Once you tap on it, you will be asked to enter a 6 digit game PIN.
- Without the PIN it is impossible to be the part of the game, we have already shared the game pins for some of the most competed game rooms in our previous article. Please do read the previous article for getting access to some of the best game rooms in Kahoot.
- Once you are in, you get to choose the timings required by you for answering the question. Once the quiz gets over, you will get all the relevant datas needed. One can always analyse the data provided by Kahoot for improving his/her performance in next quizzes.
This is how you can enter a kahoot quiz. The quiz topic can be choosen by you, currently we are restricted by having the game pins for few selected game topics.
How to Host Games/Quizzes on Kahoot?
If you are teacher or if you desire to be on a hosts boot, here is a chance for that. Kahoot gives its users an opportunity to host live quizzes which can be participated by tens and thousands of people from different regions across the globe. In here, I will be explaining how to host a quality game on Kahoot. Follow the instructions mentioned below for hosting a game on Kahoot.
- For hosting a game on Kahoot, one should possess a Kahoot login id. If you are not a member of Kahoot yet, make sure you have signed up.
- Adjust game options to your preferences, then choose “Classic” or “Team” mode.
- Set up a Game Pin, which would be asked to the one who prompt to enter the game.
- Do share the pin with your students because, they need to enter the digits if they want to enter the game room.
- Instruct every one to follow the on screen instructions and proceed upon your call.
- You will have to use the on screen keyboard and gestures while using the app as a game host.
- Kahoot has added an option for the players to rate their gaming experience with you. Better the rating, more credible will you on Kahoot.
Make sure whatever content you are uploading on the app, it should be legit and true to core.
I hope you have learned how to join a game and how to be a host on Kahoot. If you are still facing some kind of glitches in the above mentioned process, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to fix your issue at the earliest. Do subscribe and stay tuned with us for getting latest updates on Kahoot.